Monday, March 23, 2009

Trapped by a volcano.

So I'm finally updating the blog now that it has been long enough that nobody is reading it anymore and nobody cares.

Today Kristina and I spent a good part of the day at the Geophysical Institute at UAF burning data to DVDs and shipping equipment and whatnot.  About midday we got the exciting news that our flight was cancelled due to the 5 volcanic eruptions which happened throughout the last night.  I have reschedule my flight for 10pm on Tuesday so we'll see if I ever get to leave Fairbanks (*fingers crossed*).

Pat won't hang out with me anymore because I'm too much of a girly-girl or something but Toolik Glenn is working on getting to Fairbanks (after being stuck at TFS for a couple days he says "if it's not avalanches it's ash....welcome to Alaska...") and might just be able to socialize at some point tomorrow (or the next day if I get trapped again).  Well, we'll see.  Tonight was a napping night and hopefully is an early bedtime night if I can muster the strength to get there.

Volcanic eruption count for Fairbanks night2: 5 eruptions

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I am still reading your blog, and I still care. deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan I miss you! Who am I suppose to sidekick for now?

    ReplyDelete